Recently we re-visited a project undertaken for Gardinia customer Mrs Chamberlain a few years ago.
What is unique about this project is that not only did we create two triple glazed windows from old stained glass windows, we combined the individual sections of both old stained glass windows in to modern, high performing triple glazed windows.
Gardinia was able to take the sections for each stained glass window, then by using lead to stich the glass areas together to create a complete, single pane of glass which was then encapsulated to become a triple glazed unit.
The encapsulation process is generally as follows:
- Our specialist glass expert attends site and carefully removes the existing stains
- He then temporary glazes the apertures with single plate clear glass to maintain a weather seal and security
- Our specialist then takes the units to his studios and replaces any badly damaged coloured glass units from his extensive stocks of original coloured glass
- He then puts the glass units through an extensive glass polishing process which removes any ingrained marks, dirt and blemishes
- Our glass specialist also repairs and re-solders any lead joints to ensure they are maintained, firm and secure
- The glass is now restored to the existing vibrant colours and finish
- Lastly, the new stained glass is trapped inside a brand new double glazed unit making it “triple glazed”. This means that the new stained glass will not weather, become marked, or dirty as it is no longer open to the elements
- Our fitters then attended the site with carefully removing the old frames and fitting the new
- The new glass is fitted and the finish and effect is quite stunning
From looking at the after photos below I think you will agree that the stained glass windows look great encapsulated in to triple glazed units and really do complement the new Solid Core Composite Front Door well.
I think you will agree the end result is fantastic, resulting in a great transformation of Mrs Chamberlain’s home.
The feedback we got from Mrs Chamberlain is as follows: “I could not be happier with the quality or service received – Thank you very much – and especially the encapsulated stained glass. I think you’ll agree it all looks very smart.”
Like what you see? then why not explore our extensive range of Upvc Windows and Composite Doors? then feel free to contact Gardinia today and arrange a free no obligation consultation.